You will notice that at the end of the list dates are included.  However for the early days things are a bit sketchy, we are not even sure if the landlords are in the right order.  If any of the names look wrong or the dates don't tie in, then please let us know and we will carry on updating the list until it becomes piece of village history that we can publish.

 

After asking many locals, we here at Northkyme.com have tried to compile a list of all the landlords that have been serving drinks behind the bar of the Plough Inn North Kyme.

18 515                                        Mr Watson  (one of the men instrumental in the building of St                                                                        Luke’s)

 

1876                                            Mrs Stills

1907 - 1912                                 Walter Everard   (Originally from Leverton)

                                                   

 

 

 

 

                                                    

 

                                                      Sheltons

 

                                                   Charly Hicklin

 

                                                   Bill and Hilda Templeton

 

                                                   Ken Pachett

 

                                                   ? Harris

 

March 1966 - 1985                     Dick Hicklin

 

 

 

 

                                                    

 

 

                                                    

                                                    Charly and Jean

 

                                                   Ken and Jane

 

                                                   Greame and Angela

 

                                                   Penny and Malcom

 

                                                   John and Heather

 

                                          (closed)

 

                                                    Badger

 

                                          (closed)

 

Nov 1996 -  Dec  1999                John and Ness

 

Dec 1999 -  April 2000                Andy and Jo

 

 

                                          (closed)

 

                                                   Karen and Fred Flatters

 

                                                   Bruce and Ellie

 

                                                   Sue and Clare

 

                                                   Stuart and Pam

 

                                                    Sue

 

                                                   (closed)

 

March 2001                                          Wally re-opened Plough

 

                                                             Sue

 

                                                             Matt

 

April 2002  -  August 2002                    Lynn and Rob

22 Aug 2002   -  24 Aug 2002               John and Elaine

25 Aug 2002   -  26 Aug 2002                 Wally

27 Aug2002   -  28 Aug 2002                  John

08 Sep 2002  -  28 Mar 2003                 Sharon Andy

 

28 Mar2003  - 19 April 2003                 (closed)

 

20 Apr  2003 - Nov  2003                      Debbie

Dec 2003                                                Liz, Keith, Mark

9th  Jul  2004                                           (closed)

01 Dec 2005  - 06 Jun 2007                   Roy Sullivan                        

06 Jun 2007 - Aug 2007                         (closed)

18 Aug 2007                                          Bob and Elaine Coton

11 Aug 2012                                          (closed)

12 Oct 2012 - 19 Dec 2013                   Charlie Ward

20 Dec 13  - 1st August  15                    Debbie Aitkin

14 Aug  15                                              Andrew Mitchell  (Zara and Ben)

 

Back to top of page.

North Kyme  hasn’t always had only one pub.

The Coach House motel  was “The Chequers” the last landlord of this pub was named Whittaker

The white house opposite Priory cottage on Ferry lane was the Red Cow